Leadership Simpsonville opens doors for local business men and women with the desire and ability to shape the future of our vibrant community. Through face-to-face meetings with city, county, and state leaders and on-site visits to local institutions, agencies, and organizations, participants explore the major issues and unique challenges facing the Simpsonville area.
Leadership Simpsonville is offered through the Simpsonville Area Chamber of Commerce to any interested individual who lives or works in Simpsonville. Both Chamber members and non-members are invited to participate. Monthly meetings kick off with a mandatory Orientation Session in May 2017 and run until March 2018. The group will be recognized with a graduation ceremony at the Chamber’s Annual Banquet.
This dynamic program supports the development of corporate and community leaders by:
- Introducing participants to the various aspects of developing and maintaining a vibrant community,
- Establishing dialogue with a wide range of community leaders,
- Encouraging engagement in activities which contribute to the betterment of the community,
- Providing employers with a source of knowledgeable and trained leaders who will have a positive impact on the business community.
The selection committee looks for applicants who:
- Demonstrate a passion for their community as evidenced by active involvement,
- Possess a record of achievement in community and civic activities, indicating past and future leadership ability,
- Possess high standards of personal quality and integrity,
- Show a dedication to commit the time required for the program, and
- If employed, have the endorsement of their employers or some indication the employer would not object to their taking time from work to participate in the program.
Application & Tuition Deadlines
- Completed applications are due to the Chamber office no later than Friday, March 31st at 1:00pm.
- Tuition for Leadership Simpsonville is $600 for Chamber members and $750 for non-members and will be due after notification of acceptance. Tuition must be paid in full or a payment plan must be in place no later than April 19, 2017. Payment plans require a 50% deposit with the balance due on May 31, 2017. No exceptions will be made.
- More information about tuition, scholarships, and early-application discounts can be found in the application package.
- Click here to access the 2017 Leadership Simpsonville application package.
Other Important Program Dates
- The 2017 Orientation Session will be held on Monday and Tuesday, May 1st and 2nd, 2017. Monday activities will begin after lunch. Tuesday activities will begin in the morning and last the entire day.
- Monthly meetings will be held on the first Tuesday of each month. The tentative schedule at this time is as follows: June 6th, No July Meeting, August 7th, September 5th, October 3rd, November 7th, December 5th, January 2nd, and February 6th.
- Plan for all monthly meetings to begin at 8:30am and end at 5:00pm unless otherwise noted.
- The 2017 Leadership Simpsonville class graduation ceremony will be held during the Chamber’s Annual Celebration in March 2018. The exact date will be shared with the group as early as possible.
- Participants must take active responsibility for the class service project. Time outside of the monthly sessions will be required for the project. More information will be provided at the Orientation session.